BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, June 17, 2007

NICKNAMES...EVER WONDER WHERE AND HOW IT BEGAN

Each of us were born and given a name...but instead of that we use an alternative. It took our parents hours,days,months or sometimes years to come up with the perfect name for us, yet we chose to be known as some other name. I believe that there is no certain stage in life where we gain nicknames. It could begin anywhere.
My kid bro was called Kitty cox he looked like a cat when he was a baby, the name was given to him by his cousin who was only 6 months younger than him. And kitty gave that cousin the name Aby cox he some how couldn't pronounce his name. Then came Kambo...I really have no idea how that one started. It's no only adults who come up with names....the kids make up the cutest of nick names. My lil sis call our uncle Boaba (A.K.A. Donbe) & me Doatha (She couldn't say Dondatha cox it was too long for her). And all this when they were toddlers.
The nicknaming continues when we are in school too. Nicknames are called with accordance to some event that might have happened, (eg.Miss Aminiaya was called to this gal, she used to act so tui and was named as such), due to appearance (eg, the Aminiaya supervisor was called Woody cox he looked like Woody in), and due to their given names (eg, there was a teacher called Shehezaard & we called him Prince), and sometimes due to how they act ( we sometimes call tink gamarunisa cox she sometimes act a lil dumb), due to the name of their house (Senko Shreef)Names are given to different people for differnt reason
Here are some names of my friends:
Tink/Baybigal,Suxsex:Well that was somethin they came up with themseves
Yuyu,Midho:Given by their families
Simba:Given cox she wore a Simba T-Shirt once
Xuny,Aisha:Short for her long name
Gamru:Cox She acts stupid sometimes
Samurai:Hmmm I think cox its the similarity between the two names
As for my name, Kaidha: It is short for Safarukaidha, that is cox I got a huge temper or was it cox it's kinda like my name. Hmmmm ( I cant reallly figure out tat one )

9 comments:

sucksex said...

kobaitha kaidha ge hants??? :P

kaidha said...

oooh i forgot that
sowy

Unknown said...

kaidho fogot abt error? keke samurai ge error..lol

and remember that girl who was caled "not so funny"..keke bcuz she once in the assembly wen we were teasing a girl she said those words..hehe.. after that we cal her "not so funny"...lol

kaidha said...

yeah dho

© ɐ ɯ ɐ s said...

*sniff* *sniff* m not gamru!

o btw...nuha caled me samurai... :P

ur missed one..aysha ei endhi!

Naziya said...

hehe yea true :D woody asluves varah toy story woody dho ? =O hehe

shweetikle said...

hehehe..my nephew called me nanna because i always made him sleep wen i get him o_O hehe..newaz, my nik is a short version of my long name..but i always wish to have a cuuuute nick name which is totally unrelated to my real name..i like the name called by naz (munchkins) ;)

kaidha said...

im sowy tink
its ok eh nu
cox i did say eh nu SOMETIMES not always eh nu
and yeah i know abt aysha's names given by fruity
she got a new one last night too eh nu
bajiya aysha
LOL

.mini said...

well, uve seen the list of nick names in my blog ennu dho? :P

hehe

my lil brother called a cuz tommy coz he was watching rugrats those days.. he actually called every baby tommy
but tommy sticked to tommy and now our cuz is called tommy :D

kinda confusing but u can figure that out

nice post