BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 15, 2007

PLEASE LISTEN

When I ask you to listen to me
And you start to give me advice,
You have not done what have asked
When I asked you to listen to me
And you begin to tell me why,
I shouldn’t be feel that way,
You are trampling on my feelings
When I ask you to listen to me
And you feel like you have to do something
To solve my problem,
You have failed me,
Strange as they may seem
Listen! All I ask is that you listen
Don’t talk or do – just hear me
Advice is cheap; 20 cents will get
You both Dear Abby & Billy Graham
In the same newspaper.
And I can do for myself, I am not hopeless
Maybe discourage & faltering
But not helpless
When you do something for me that I can
And need to do myself,
You contribute to my fear & inadequacy
But when you accept as a simple fact
That I feel what I feel,
No matter how irrational,
That I can stop to convince
You and get about this business
Of understanding what’s behind
This irrational feeling
And when that’s clear the answers are
Obvious and I don’t need advice
Irrational feeling make sense when
When we understand what’s behind them
That’s why prayers works, sometimes
For some people – because God is mute
And he doesn’t give advice or tell you how to fix things
God just listen and let you work it out yourself
So please listen, and just hear me
And if you want to talk, wait a minute
For your turn – and I will listen to you
-Author Unknown-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i agree....

sometimes just listening to others misery helps them...

nathoam said...

nice one inge........