BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, March 16, 2007

I CAN'T BE PERFECT



All my life people had been telling me how I should live my life. Most of those decisions were made for me by mother. Walk this way, talk this way, do this, do that. But what about what I want. How would you feel if you were to act like a puppet? How would you like it if you were judge all your life?

When I was a kid I was a tomboy. So I had an intrest in sports. I participated in gymnastic but my mother didn't want me there so had to quit. Then I started playing badminton and was quiet good, and for that I was selected for the interschool but mom didn't want me to so I had no choice. That sports was also forgone. Then I got the oppotunity to be in the atletic meet but unfortunatly i got chicken pox during the try out and missed my chance. I felt as if life was playing one cruel joke on me.

I wanted to pursue my career as a doctor, but alas my mother had other ideas. She wanted something else for me. I know she must have thought she was doing what’s best for me. But she gave my little brother the choice that I never got. Why the difference? Cause I am a girl? Or Cox I am more dumb. No matter what the reason the decision was made. And there was nothing I can do about that.

But fate was more kind to me, I found the best treasure to be found in the world. I found friends. And not just any, the type you find once in a life time. And I thank God every day for that. Sometimes I think I should thank my mom too, but somehow I can’t bring myself to do so, somehow I still blame her for making that important decision of my life for me.

As luck would have it being a math’s wiz (I love numbers) I found the chosen option very easy, and my results were impressive. But on the other hand my brother results were disappointing. I never find pleasure in other people’s ill fate, but in this case somehow I felt relief as if I had proven something. I felt relieved.

No matter how much I want to hate my mom for how she controled my life I couldnt bring myself to do that. How can you hate some and love them at the same time. Or maybe my love for her is more strong and deep than the hatred. Or my hate was misplaced. No matter what the case I owe everything I am today to her. She had struggled hard and for that how can I hate her. So I can't even try to or even have the right. Sometimes my anger may get the better of me and I mght want to hate her but I don't think I can ever hate her

I strongly believe that we all are the masters of our own destination. The only person that change it is God Himself. I’m done with people making decisions for me, but still somehow I still don’t have the total control over my life, but I’m happy and thankful for what little control I have. At least for now, I am. As the saying goes
Something is always better than nothing

9 comments:

Unknown said...

wel dho sumtimes i hate my mum too...wel its just we hate them bcux they try to tel us to do that and this , but in the end they always tel things that isgud for us..mummy returns are the best


i love my mum now cux i get commission for bustin my younger bros ..hahahaa

shweetikle said...

nice post..moms want their children to be perfect..it's natural..don't we want our moms to be perfet??

Anonymous said...

actually it's true that she wants whats best for you...sometimes they are wrong and sometimes they are right.....actually shweet is right when she said that its natural...dont take it so hard...:)

© ɐ ɯ ɐ s said...

i think ud too be jus like ur mom when ur a mom :)

kaidha said...

hmmm im looking forward to ruining my daughter's life ekeke

Anonymous said...

well no matter wat u say or do,no matter wat ur mum do she will be ur MUM no matter what..i mean thats something u really cant change even if u really wanted to,n in my opinion u cant even hater her,cos when u look back u will see that she had struggled hard n made u wat ur today.she would always want all the best to haapen to u..do u know,even after u get married n get children mum would be their telling u wat to do...
u know what whoever goes aginst their parents will not have any happiness in their life,i have seen this happen to very close people of mine..not only girls but boys too.people had got married against their parents n the marriages have not worked...
so no matter what ur mum do ,or how diificult at times she may be..she is ur MUM.she has brought u to this beautiful world,she had kept u safe with her from the moment u were formed n till the time u were ready to face the world.
So be happy..dont worry abt things that much.in this world how do u know waht more is to come for u..there might be happiness,sadness or anything.so dont give up hope so easily n try to do foolish things.
i really hope ur wiser thatn before as ur telling me..cos still from ur poems i get the same feeling....
u look like a girl aho has given up hope of life...pls dont
tc,cheers
NoOne.

kaidha said...

wow anonymous that was quiet a speech and thankx i think
as i said i dont hate my mum just that she gets on my nerve from time to time

Anonymous said...

hehehe..iam so sorry my message got too long...but just wanted to let u know...

Anonymous said...

u can spend ur time alone re-digesting past regrets or u can come to terms and realize u are the only one who can forgive ourself....it make more sense to live in present.